Thursday, July 10, 2008

{ I've been practicing....}





My models. Imagine Kim as a handsome
groom and Sarah, well she is the "blushing" bride.

I've been with Kimberly for over 3 years now (that is a record thank you very much!) and when I interviewed for this position I remember asking (probably in a panic-y voice) if I'd ever have to photograph anything. Kimberly reassured me that I would never have to be behind the camera, I would just be doing ordering and reception type work. Well, then I started doing our marketing, next thing you know I am doing our website and blog....then a year later Kim handed me a camera while we were at a wedding and told me to go have fun and "just see what you get"... and a love was born. So for over 2 years I have been shooting weddings with Kimberly, she is always the main photographer, I do the details and a more photo journalistic approach....well this Saturday is my first solo wedding. I am soooo excited and honestly I would be lying to myself if I didn't say I am slightly nervous. Sarah is going along with me to be my rock....thank God for Sarah. But really, Kimberly says I will do great, and I need her confidence in me, it calms my nerves, that and a few breathing excercies I've learned in yoga...but mostly her encouraging words (and knowing she is only a phone call away) and our bride...she couldn't be any nicer, and will be beautiful...that makes my job easy!


So I have been working on my manual shooting, instead of just putting the camera on Program and letting it do all the work, I now have to think! The horror! But it has opened up a whole new world to me, and I love it.....so here are some recent things I've done...let me know what you think & wish me luck on Saturday!

5 comments:

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

you will be GREAT, Elisabeth! I can't wait to see your work!!!

Sarah said...

I have to give you credit E, you made me thinner than I really am!

starfitch said...

Elizabeth, you'll do great! I saw you shooting at M's party, you've got a natural eye.

Kimberly and Elizabeth said...

Awww...you guys are so great! Thanks & say a small prayer for me!

E~

FROG PRINCESS said...

I AM SURE YOU DID GREAT! SO WHAT IF A FEW PEOPLE ARE MISSING THEIR HEADS, IT ADDS CHARACTER!