Friday, June 27, 2008

{ Overwhelmed....}

If you are downtown today, stop & wish Sarah a happy b-day &
have a bite of peanut butter birthday pie!

Hi, we are here! Has it really been 10 days since we last blogged? The date on the last post says June 18th, but can that be true? I feel like this week has been a blur ~ home, work, home, work, home, work, work, work....I'm not sure whether I am coming or going. Did I eat breakfast to day? What about the dogs, did I feed them...heck, forget the dogs, did my kid eat? I think so... maybe.......wait a minute did I put his "big boys" on today or is he still in last nights pull up ( he wakes up dry...it's not dirty, give me some credit). Ahhh! I just threw on something today, do I match, wait a minute let me check....hmmm....orange-y shirt, black skirt, black flip flops..yea I match, but do I look good...well that's debatable....my hair, well we are just going to blame that on the humidity....
We've had so much going on this week. Tuesday I HAD to get our newsletter done, printed, and ready to mail. Then it was Sarah's birthday on Wednesday...she is 29 and holding, thanks for asking...unfortunately we didn't get a chance to celebrate it then, we were on location & then had a meeting for the upcoming BABYfest that we are a part of. (more on BABYfest later, but if you can't stand to wait, check out the website at http://www.babyfestnci.org/) On the way back from Kokomo we stopped in Peru to visit a client/friend's shop, The Potter's Bench ~ if you haven't been there-GO! I love it! Right now they are expanding and I love the space they have...when it's done it will be amazing! But....have you ever went some where and when you came home you thought, man what a dump? I've got some work to do! Yea...that's kind of how we were feeling. So yesterday, today, tomorrow and probably waaaaay into the future we are working on making our studio space amazing.....and while we are working on fabulousness we also have this little thing called Portraits by Kimberly that needs a photographer and her trusty assistant to run. You know, to make some money so our kids can eat. Then Kimberly hits me today with the, "Elizabeth, how much do you love your job?" I always know more work is on the way when she says that....we have been asked by Bride.com to be a featured photographer for Indiana on the website. So I have to come up with something fantastic for that and Kim wants me to punch up our website....and I have oodles of orders that need to go out, and framing that needs done and lots of little odds & ends! And my homelife isn't any less chaotic, but whose life is stress-free right? So....I need a laugh...who has a cute or funny little story to share? I can be anything....a cute story about your kids (I do love kids) or work related or just a little what not about life in general.....we will pick a winner from the posts and you will receive a giftcard from Bath & Body Works, plus a BBW pampering kit we have put together AND because I am feeling generous, a Starbucks gift card. You have until Tuesday!

3 comments:

FROG PRINCESS said...

HERE IS A CUTE ONE FROM MY SON. (PLEASE PUT YOURSELF IN A THREE YEAR OLD STATE OF MIND!) SO I WAS SITTING ON HIS BED THE OTHER NIGHT AND I ASKED HIM IF HE WANTED TO GO TO LAGRO DAYS AND GET AN ELEPHANT EAR. HE SAT THERE A MINUTE AND LOOKED AT ME AND SAID "CAN WE GET AN ELEPHANT EYE OR FOOT INSTEAD?" I DO NOT THINK HE REMEMBERS WHAT AN ELEPHANT EAR IS FROM THE FAIR!! AND HERE IS ONE ON LILLY. WELL SHE CAN NOT TALK REALLY BUT I DID COME TO GET HER OUT OF BED SATURDAY MORNING AND SHE WAS STANDING THERE WAITING ON ME!! SHE HAS NEVER PULLED HERSELF UP IN BED BEFORE! WHAT JOY AND TERROR ALL AT THE SAME TIME FOR MOM!

starfitch said...

I don't know if you've seen the previews for the movie "Baby Mama" but there is a scene where the kid has something brown smeared on him and the mom asks "chocolate or poop? chocolate or poop?" so yesterday M was eating a banana (and had a runny nose) and got something on me...I asked her "banana or snot? banana or snot?" and she said "snot!" and we both laughed and laughed. It's too cute to hear her say snot.

Anonymous said...

did you read my "no hurting" knife story? you should!