Wednesday, June 11, 2008

{ Like totally awesome....like you know...}

Do you ever see a photograph of yourself or catch a glimpse as you are walking by a window and think to yourself "What in the WORLD was I THINKING???" Yeah, I am there....check out the picture of me below. WAIT...before you do, remember those HOT pirate-y, slouch boots from the 80's? Think back, you know the ones right? Ok, now you can look....go ahead I'll wait.......











































I know! It looks like I am wearing them! My pants are so stinking long they cover my cute red heels and make me look like I am in a time warp! Remember the "elephant leg" pants from at least a decade ago...apparently I forgot pass mine on to Goodwill.







Hi, remember me? Elizabeth is trying to bring me back.





What was I thinking? Look at me, trying to hide behind my camera, I think on some level maybe I knew I wasn't looking good that day. The shame....horrendous.






So that leads me to another give away. Answer this question, "What fashion faux pas have you committed and try as you might can't live down?" of if you are a fashionista who has never committed a Photographic evidence gets you bonus points (and will help my shattered ego) We will do another drawing. This time for one of our FABULOUS & always in fashion black beaded photo charm necklaces, a $125.00 value. Post your comment soon and we will have the drawing on Tuesday, June 17th. Good luck, and may the fashion goddesses smile down on you this season.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim and I dressed the same for Canal Days years ago. We wore 2 t-shirts at the same time, then rolled the sleeves up so the bottom color showed. Dorks. Oh ya, we made our hair the same too. We even thought we were cute!! :)

starfitch said...

Mine would have to be big hair from high school. I'll try to dig up a picture if Kim will! I remember her hair...c'mon....

Kimberly and Elizabeth said...

Big hair & 2 t-shirts at once....oh yeah, I remember that. But I can take it one dorky step further, I wore 2 pairs of slouch socks at once to coordinate with my 2 t-shirts! I was a big dork!

Did anyone out there do the "big" bangs ~ you know, blow dry your bangs straight up and then spray them in place with RAVE?

Elizabeth

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

I totally did the big bangs! And what about tying your shirt to the side with the little gadget (I can't remember it's name) and banana clips, remember these! And Elizabeth, I totally doubled my slouchy socks to match my two t-shirts!!!

Lizzy said...

I remember banana clips and big bangs. I had huge bangs. I have my yearbook to prove it. Rolled up jeans with slouch socks. My biggest fashion mistake happened by accident. I was in Europe and wore black pants with white tennis shoes. I didn't realize my dorkiness until I looked at pictures later. There are still times I do things like that and don't realize how dorky I look until it is pointed out to me.

The Carrels said...

What about the BFF t-shirts...not sure if this was cool at your school or not...but we'd go to the local sporting goods store and have t-shirts made announcing we were best friends forever...you know that lasted about a week!!

So many junior high girls feelings were hurt - I remember crying over my french fries and chocolate milk at lunch over so-and-so's t-shirts!

Oh and we'd wear them with our stone washed Guess jeans, tight rolled and then our matching LA Gear tennis shoes with doubled up shoe laces and giant hoop earrings!

Madeline Alexa & Lauren Wells said...

I "french rolled" my jeans and wore a banana clip with big bangs. Very stylish!

I remember the BFF t-shirts... so tacky, yet so cool!

FROG PRINCESS said...

I TOO REMEMBER THE FRENCH ROLL OR IF YOU WERE SOUTH OF THE RIVER TIGHT ROLL JEANS, SLOUCH SOCKS, DOUBLE SHIRTS AND BIG HAIR. SINCE I AM A FEW YEARS YOUNGER, WHAT ABOUT JELLY BRACELETS AND CHARM NECKLESES? AND I DO HAVE PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE OF SUCH THINGS. NOT THAT I AM WEARING THEM BUT THAT I STILL HAVE THEM! THE JELLY BRACELETS CAME OFF OF MY DRESSER THIS MORNING AND THE CHARM NECKLES(SPELLING IS FUNNY!) CAME FROM OUR BASEMENT IN A TOTE. I AM GOING TO ATEMT TO ATTACH A PHOTO OF IT! AND ALSO, A GIRL AT WORK WORE A BANNANA CLIP ON FRIDAY!! GOTTA LOVE THE '80'S! OKAY I CAN NOT ATTACH A PHOTO SO I WILL E-MAIL IT TO YOU GALS!