Wednesday, November 12, 2008

{ Fighting temptation....}



The holiday season is gearing up....are you ready?


Ok team....week one of our weight loss is underway! How is everyone doing?? Kimberly and I are staying on track....so far so good. Today I am going through sugar withdrawl, but I am hanging in there, nothing I can't handle right?


Speaking of sugar, why oh why did I start a diet right before the holiday season? What was I thinking???? Cheesecake, cookies, lattes....stop...I'm stopping. Ok...I am better now. So as we kick off the start to living a healthier life at this time of holiday abundance I have put together a list of helpful tips to get me through Thanksgiving or "Day of Food" as I like to call it and the rest of the eating season. Allow me to share them with you...
1.) Remember the holidays are about spending time with the people you care about, not the food.

2.) The first bite always tastes the best. So that is all I need...one bite.

3.) Plan for some excerise.

These three things will become my mantra for the next few weeks. So if you stop by the studio during the holidays and see me mumbling to myself, I am probably just trying to beat that mantra into my head, think nothing of it.

Good luck to all on our weight loss team, and remember if you have anything you'd like to share with the rest of us, leave a comment or e-mail me and I will pass it on. Don't forget to weigh in on Tuesday!
If anyone else would like to join us, you can do so at anytime....we will welcome you with open arms! E-mail your name & goal to me at elizabeth@kimberlysphotos.com








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel like I am off to a good start. I won't be fighting back the urge to eat sweets..... NOODLES seem to find their way onto my plate again and again. I always helped my grandmother as a child stir the noodles and guard the pot. I LOVE THEM!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and remember we're all in this together. If you need us, we're here.

Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel like I am off to a good start. I won't be fighting back the urge to eat sweets..... NOODLES seem to find their way onto my plate again and again. I always helped my grandmother as a child stir the noodles and guard the pot. I LOVE THEM!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and remember we're all in this together. If you need us, we're here.

Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Kimberly and Elizabeth - I am a hoss. :) And NOODLES are totally my favorite thing to eat!! I was the guardian of the noodles, too!! Despite my figure, that leaves a lot to be desired, there is no way I will be able to resist the noodles...however, if it would make things better, I could just eat noodles only...but that would mean plate after plate of noodles!!

You guys crack me up!

p.s. I cannot wait to see Brodie's pictures from the other day!! I am so excited!! And Elizabeth, are you designing my awesome Christmas cards?!

~Katie Craft

FROG PRINCESS said...

OKAY SO I FELL OFF THE WAGON BEFORE IT EVEN MOVED! I CAN NOT GIVE UP MY LARGE CRUISE THRU COKE! NOR MY CHOCOLATE IN THE AFTERNOON. I JUST ATE THREE DOVE SQUARES! (THEY WERE IN SUPPORT OF BREAST CANCER AWARENESS THOUGH!) I DID IT FOR A GOOD CAUSE RIGHT?! SO TOMORROW I WILL PUT MYSELF BACK ON THE WAGON AND TRY TO SWITCH TO DIET COKE!! HOPE YOU ARE DOING BETTER THAN I!!
TIFF

Kimberly and Elizabeth said...

Ha! You guys crack me up!

Katie, you are far from being a hoss....and yes I am working on your card...it will be fabulous!

Tiffany, Tiffany, Tiffany....I know the Coke habit is hard to break...but it can be done! You can do it!

Elizabeth