Thursday, October 2, 2008

{ two times the joy....}

two times the dirty diapers.... Look at these babies! I would change two times the dirty diapers if I got twice the hugs, kisses, grins and giggles from these little ones!

Oh, could you just squish, hug, kiss and snuggle these two all day?


I am working on a birth announcement for these two and just had to share a few with you. I would be selfish to keep these all to myself (and their mommy agreed, everyone needs to see her babies!)




Since I am in a sharing kind of a mood....share a story, thought or little diddy for a time when your little (or not so little one) brought joy into your life.


Let me share an example....in my family we sing....ALOT...the other day on my way to work Tate and I were in the car (side note, I was feeling a little down in the dumps that day and not really paying much attention to Tate, I was into my own thoughts) the Crosby Stills and Nash song "Teach your Children Well" came on the radio. For some reason Tate loves that song and from the backseat I hear Tate say,"Sing it Mama...you sing so good!" Ok, I don't sing well at all, but I sang my heart out with Tate in the background singing "teach your children, teach your children" over and over. I remember thinking, he is so perfect for me and how could I ask for any more? It's amazing that God knows our hearts desires and sends us just what we need. Tate is just what my husband and I need. He would probably drive others mad with his constant singing and talking and silliness, but he is perfect for us.


So there is a little tidbit about Tater. Share a story about your little one (or not so little one) and we will share something with you.....


25 custom Christmas cards

photographed by Kimberly

and designed by yours truly...( that would be me, Elizabeth)


You have until next Tuesdat to leave you comment and the winner will be drawn at random...good luck!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could not wait to be the first to share my silly story. I have this thing with calling my children "sugarbean" not sure why it is just our special name and I love it!!!! I also tend to always ask them "who made you so cute?" Victor and Jonathon always say "my mommy" Paul however always relpies "my daddy" (we're working on this, ha!). Anyway... every moment is an adventure with 3 boys and I hold on tight because their dad is becoming very cool, you know, tractors, combines, dirtbikes, boy stuff.

smile always,
Kimberly

Anonymous said...

I just happened to check this out today! My little Brodie is sooo cute and just a little snugglebug!! He brings joy to my life everyday!! :)

Here is my silly story...I call him my "baby duck" (among many other things) because one day when he was being snuggly, he started quacking really quietly!! I was a little perplexed as to where that came from, so I asked him if he was my "baby duck," and he quacked quietly in response! Ever since then, he will ask me if I need some snuggles, to which I naturally respond, "ABSOLUTELY!" and he will give me hugs and sweetly quack a couple times!

Wow!! He just melts my heart!!! :)

Katie Craft

starfitch said...

My story isn't quite so PG... :-)

The other night Marielle was helping Dave set the table and they had put forks at two spots. We asked her what she was missing and she kept saying "I need a f*ck! I need a f*ck!" It was hilarious and we have it on video. Still trying to decide if we'll post it on the blog.

Always an adventure, right?

Jessica

FROG PRINCESS said...

WELL MY THING IS TO CALL MY KIDS FUNNY NAMES TOO. LILLY BUG, PEANUT, TURKEY SANDWICH ECT. BUT EVERY MORNING WHEN HUNTER AND I GET UP, WE GO INTO LILLY'S ROOM AND WAKE HER UP BY CALLING HER PRINCESS CRAZY HAIR. IT TICKLES THEM BOTH SO MUCH TO CALL HER THAT. HER CURLS ARE EVERYWHERE IN THE MORNING ESPECIALLY IF SHE HAS A BATH THE NIGHT BEFORE. AHH NICE TO KNOW SOMETHING SO SIMPLE MAKES THEM SO HAPPY! FOR NOW!

Anonymous said...

I love the babies. I cannot wait to have one of my own.

Bea has been so cute lately. When we tell her "I love you", she always responds with "I love you too".

And now, when she snuggles us, or leaves the house to play, or whenever, she always just says: "I love you too". No matter if anyone says it to her first or not.

She already knows that we love her!

Lizzy said...

The first time I held my little buddy boy I was overwhelmed with love. He had to be on oxygen and ivs so I didn't get to hold him right at first. But then, at 2 in the morning when I first got up, they wheeled me to the nursery where he was and I got to hold him (I wasn't supposed to but the nurses let me) for about 5 min. I fell in love with him at that moment. Now I am filled with joy everytime he sees me and laughs and gets all excited to see Mama. He is my buddy boy.