Wednesday, May 9, 2007

{ The results are in....}

Friday night at the Convention Center, we were anxiously awaiting start time!



Well we did it! Kimberly & I both surpassed our personal goals of finishing the 5K in under 45 minutes by finishing just under 35 minutes. The average for the race was 39:47 so I think we did exceptionally well for our first try! The whole weekend was just amazing, from packet pick up on Friday night to crossing the finish line and spending the morning celebrating our victories with other runners Saturday morning. The sense of accomplishment afterwards and the common bond you feel with other runners still has me flying high even today. I am already looking forward to and training for next years mini, 13.1 miles.....I think we can do it!
A big "hug" to everyone who supported us and offered encouraging words! We can't thank you enough for the encouragement and friendship!

4 comments:

starfitch said...

That is so awesome. You two should be very proud of yourselves!

FROG PRINCESS said...

HEY WHY NOT PICTURE IN YOUR RACE OUTFITS?! I AM SURE THEY WERE CUTE! WAY TO GO LADIES! WISH I HAD THE GUTS AND THE KNEES TO DO IT!
TIFF

Anonymous said...

Way to go. I heard you made it from Andrew and Teresa. Have you signed up for the mini for next year? It fills up fast, so you should do it now. By the way I made it too and did not die. I'm signed up for next year already. Don't forget about June 9 and the strawberry fest 5K.

Scott D.

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

Way to go, girls!!!